care & maintenance
Care & Maintenance
Care and maintenance of OPAL QUARTZ slabs:
- OPAL QUARTZ is virtually maintenance free and can be cleaned with extreme ease.
- Common household spills â€“ such as, tea, coffee, lemon juice, soda, fruit, vegetable juice, olive oil or grease spills â€“ are easily removed and the surface can be restored to its original appearance.
- Quartz is one of the hardest materials in nature, which is an assurance that your OPAL QUARTZ surface will not easily scratch or chip. The use of a cutting board is nevertheless recommended.
- To maintain the natural beauty of OPAL QUARTZ, do not place hot skillets or roasting pans directly onto the surface but use a trivet instead.
- For routine cleaning, use a damp cloth or paper towel and, if necessary, a small amount of mild soap. Once clean, rinse and dry the surface thoroughly.
- For stubborn or dried spills, use a nonabrasive cleaning pad such as a white 3M Scotch-BriteÂ® scrub pad combined with a small amount of mild soap or specialized stone cleaner.
- OPAL QUARTZ floors in high traffic areas should be cleaned daily with a clean, dry dust mop or soft bristle broom. OPAL QUARTZ floors in low traffic areas can be cleaned less frequently using the same method. Spills should be spot treated with the use of a damp mop or cloth towel and, if necessary, a small amount of mild soap or specialized stone cleaner.
- A floor machine such as a slow speed buffer or walk behind scrubber can be used for larger commercial environments. Be sure to rinse thoroughly to remove any haze residue that may diminish the shine and beauty of the floor.
- For heavily soiled floors, as with any floor, it makes sense to clean up spills as soon as possible.
- Avoid exposing OPAL QUARTZ to chemicals and solvents, especially paint removers or furniture strippers containing trichlorethane or methylene chloride. Keep away nail polish remover, bleach or cleansers that contain bleach, bluing, permanent markers or inks. While casual exposure to alkaline materials will not damage OPAL QUARTZ, but highly alkaline (high-pH) cleansers are not recommended when cleaning OPAL QUARTZ. If any of the substances listed above come into contact with OPAL QUARTZ, rinse the exposed surface immediately and thoroughly with plenty of clean water.
- 11. Do not use strong abrasive and/or alkaline cleaning products. Always follow the manufacturersâ€™ dilution instructions and recommendations.